A child plays with an iPad Mini at an Apple store on
AFP – Apple is planning to reveal iPad updates at an invitation-only event later this month, the technology news website AllThingsD reported Tuesday.
The next-generation iPad is expected to be thinner than its predecessor and boast improved camera capabilities. An upgraded version of the iPad mini is likely to list an improved screen among its features.
The event will be held on
The iPad remains the largest-selling tablet, according to surveys, but its market share is being eroded by rivals using the Google Android operating system.
Apple was expected to discuss its computer operating system and its laptop line at the event, timed for the start of the year-end holiday shopping season.
Apple is coming off a wildly successful launch of two new iPhone models last month. The
• Apple chief sees computers on wrists, not in glasses
• Court battle between Apple and Amazon
• Apple Introduces Two New iPhone Models At Product Launch
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today