A draft policy paper on 4G network ownership, rollout and implementation will be reviewed at a conference in three weeks time, the ICT ministry has said.
While the government proposed a
The 4G network is a wireless technology with larger capacity to deliver data and facilitate high-end services such as video conferencing and gaming.
Safaricom, Airtel, Orange, MTN Business, Liquid Telecoms and
"We have a Private Public Partnership Act in place. However there is a need to come up with a policy that will spell out how the 4G rollout will be done, in terms of ownership, what will be expected of the government and the private sector," he said.
He said stakeholders will discuss the policy document that the ministry is working on during the conference.
Apart from policy, the 4G rollout has been delayed by lack of frequency spectrum.
The frequency spectrum required for 4G rollout falls in the band of 700MHZ to 800MHZ but which the bulk is currently held by TV and radio broadcasters.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics