Si-Ware Systems (SWS), a premier provider of IC- and MEMS-based solutions for industrial and consumer applications, announces the SWS1120 and SWS1130 high performance Application Specific Standard Products (ASSPs) for MEMS gyroscopes and accelerometers.
The SWS1120/30 are designed as ASSPs that are ready for integration with MEMS sensing elements. The ASSPs are full capacitive detection and interfaces for MEMS gyroscopes and accelerometers. The SWS1120/30 are designed to support a wide variety of MEMS gyroscope and accelerometer designs through OTP configuration only. The SWS1120/30’s capacitive front-end has a trimmable gain and offset to accommodate MEMS process variation during fabrication.
Capacitive MEMS gyroscopes and accelerometers with various resonance frequencies and sensitivities are supported. Depending on the exact MEMS design and electrical characteristics, differential capacitance resolution down to 50 zF/vHz or less is achievable.
“We have taken our flexible electronic interfaces for MEMS inertial sensors to the next level,” said
Key features of the SWS1120/30 include:
• Ultra low noise capacitive detection front-end
• Proprietary technology to minimize harmful electrical coupling from sensor actuation signals
• High resolution ADC offering more than 100dB dynamic range in 100Hz BW
• Charge pump for high voltage actuation option (up to 8V)
• Second order scale factor and bias temperature compensation using on chip temperature sensor
• Tunable bandwidth output filter
• On chip clock generation
• Low noise reference voltage
• OTP/MTP for sensor trimming and re-calibration
• Single 5V supply operation with 23mA supply current
• 10Mb/s standard SPI interface in slave mode
The SWS1120/30 offer a high resolution digital output and are supported by proprietary development software and hardware (evaluation platform) that enables MEMS inertial sensor developers to quickly demonstrate the performance of a MEMS inertial sensor.
The SWS1120/30 are offered in die form for integration in a single package with the MEMS sensing element. QFN packaging options are also available.
Pricing and Availability
Samples of the SWS1120/30 and the associated evaluation platforms are available now. Pricing for the SWS1120 starts at
Production is planned for Q1 2014.
SWS is an independent fabless semiconductor company providing a wide spectrum of product design and development solutions, custom ASIC development and supply, as well as standard products. SWS has three divisions: ASIC Solutions – MEMS interface ASICs; Timing Products – all silicon oscillators; and Optical MEMS Technology – MOEMS products. The ASIC Solutions division provides custom ASIC development and supply specializing in MEMS interfaces. The Timing Products division has developed a breakthrough technology in its all silicon Self Compensating Oscillator (SCO™). The Optical MEMS technology division offers it unique platform – Silicon integrated Micro Optical Systems Technology (SiMOST™) that allows the creation of multiple optical components on silicon. For more information, please visit http://www.si-ware.com.
Tel. +1 818 790 1151
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11205122.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change