Miami, Oct 8 (EFE).- Radio host Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo's new show will be broadcast nationwide by SiriusXM satellite radio beginning Oct. 18.
"El Show de Piolin," to air live Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PST, will be produced at the SiriusXM studios in Los Angeles for retransmission several times a day on Piolin Radio, Sirius said in a statement.
"I am happy to announce that on October 18 I will be able to reach all of my fans and friends in all corners of the U.S.," Sotelo said.
The announcer will offer news of the day, interviews with stars and celebs, listener call-ins and music, the note said.
"I am honored that SiriusXM has given me the amazing opportunity to have complete creative control of my show and my own channel! I can finally fly free," Piolin said.
According to the communique, Sotelo will be the first Latino show host with his own program and channel on Sirius XM: Piolin Radio, channel 147.
Piolin has won numerous prizes including several NAB Marconi Radio Awards, and was picked as one of the most influential people by the daily Los Angeles Times. In November the announcer will be admitted to the National Radio Hall of Fame. EFE
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: 'El Show de Piolin' to air nationally on SiriusXM
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists