Miami, Oct 8 (EFE).- Radio host Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo's new show will be broadcast nationwide by SiriusXM satellite radio beginning Oct. 18.
"El Show de Piolin," to air live Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PST, will be produced at the SiriusXM studios in Los Angeles for retransmission several times a day on Piolin Radio, Sirius said in a statement.
"I am happy to announce that on October 18 I will be able to reach all of my fans and friends in all corners of the U.S.," Sotelo said.
The announcer will offer news of the day, interviews with stars and celebs, listener call-ins and music, the note said.
"I am honored that SiriusXM has given me the amazing opportunity to have complete creative control of my show and my own channel! I can finally fly free," Piolin said.
According to the communique, Sotelo will be the first Latino show host with his own program and channel on Sirius XM: Piolin Radio, channel 147.
Piolin has won numerous prizes including several NAB Marconi Radio Awards, and was picked as one of the most influential people by the daily Los Angeles Times. In November the announcer will be admitted to the National Radio Hall of Fame. EFE
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: 'El Show de Piolin' to air nationally on SiriusXM
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict