The company has said that it is set to begin the mass-production of the technology that has a flexible OLED (organic light-emitting diode) panel for smartphones.
According to the
Although, both Samsung and LG use the technology to offer curved television sets, but since they are mounted in fixed shells, they cannot be bent or otherwise re-shaped by the owner.
However, LG stated that its handset screen would curve from top-to-bottom rather than side-to-side and the panel would be bendable and unbreakable.
LG said that the new display is vertically concave from top to bottom with a radius of 700mm, opening up a world of design innovations in the smartphone market
The flexible screen is also touted by the company as the world's lightest, weighing a mere 7.2g, even with a 6-inch screen, the report added. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000