As new trends such as app-based interfaces emerge in embedded device markets, companies are looking for more open system solutions. With the release of Qt 5, UI designers and developers targeting automotive, medical, and industrial systems can leverage the same industry-standard, high-performance UI technology to deliver a feature-rich user experience across multiple platforms. Qt 5 features design enhancements, new modules, and support for the leading mobile platforms.
"Across many vertical markets such as automotive infotainment, security, industrial, and medical, we have seen a tremendous need for Qt as a strategic application and UI development framework because of its unique ability to provide amazing UI capabilities as well as core backend business logic -- all with one framework," said
The QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment is based on QNX software technology proven in tens of millions of vehicles. Designed for flexibility, the platform supports a rich choice of application environments and smartphone connectivity, as well as a comprehensive set of pre-integrated components to help automotive companies build connected, custom-branded, and media-rich infotainment systems.
The QNX Neutrino OS is used in a vast array of applications worldwide, from medical devices to building automation systems, Internet routers, power plants, and railway control centers. Whether you drive to work, use the Internet, turn on a light, or watch TV, chances are, you are taking advantage of systems that rely on QNX technology.
"Our number one priority is to provide customers with the OS, tools, and services to enable them to develop and deploy reliable and high-performance automotive, medical, and industrial systems. Qt 5 provides our customers with leading cross-platform application and UI technology that lets them develop systems that set them apart from their competitors," said
At the Qt Developer Days in
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins
- Vets Vow to Fight for Benefits in Budget Battle