Oct. 08--International award-winning classical pianist Umi Garrett, 13, will take the stage in Culpeper tonight.
The young musician will perform during the second installment of this year's Stage Alive Community Concert Association's series.
The show will take place at Culpeper County High School and tickets are $25 for adults and $5 for students.
According to her bio, Umi -- winner of the 2012 Osaka and Chopin International music competitions -- appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" at 8 years old.
Her worldwide tours include performing in Europe, Australia, South America, Asia and frequent gigs across the United States.
A student of John Perry in the academy program at The Colburn School in Los Angeles, Calif., Umi performs classic music by Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin.
Stage Alive's six-concert series offers various types of musical genres from classical to rock 'n' roll and much more.
Here's a list of this year's upcoming Stage Alive musical artists:
--The Diamonds, 50s and 60s rock 'n' roll, Nov. 19
--Brass 5, classical, swing, jazz, Feb. 8, 2014
--John Berry, country, March 27, 2014
--An evening with Hal Linden, big band and Broadway hits, April 24, 2014
Want to go?
What: Stage Alive Concert Series presents classical pianist Umi Garrett
When: Tonight at 7:30
Where: Culpeper County High School on Achievement Drive
Admission: $25 adults, $5 students
For more information call Stage Alive members Kathy Davis at 825-1342 or Bill Martin (540) 872-3345.
(c)2013 the Culpeper Star-Exponent (Culpeper, Va.)
Visit the Culpeper Star-Exponent (Culpeper, Va.) at www2.starexponent.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps