ENP Newswire -
Release date- 04102013 -
During Flight Test Standard Missile-22 (FTM-22), the SM-3 guided missile intercepted and destroyed a separating ballistic missile target during this second operational test event. Findings of these two operational tests, FTMs-21 and 22 will support follow-on production decisions for the SM-3 Block IB guided missile.
This flight test included the highest altitude intercept conducted to date for the Aegis BMD Program.
The SM-3 Block IB guided missiles will be deployed on Aegis BMD cruisers and destroyers, and also on land sites as part of the Aegis Ashore program to defend against short-to-intermediate range ballistic missile threats in the mid-course phase of flight.
'This is the fifth successful flight test of the SM-3 IB TDACS. The success achieved in flight testing validates the selection by
In concert with
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com]
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?