Double Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks revealed on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York he has Type 2 diabetes.
Letterman asked Hanks on Monday's edition of the program why he looks slimmer than usual, ABC News reported Tuesday.
Hanks, 57, told Letterman he has been dealing with high blood sugar for about 20 years, but his health recently took a turn for the worse.
"Well, you've graduated. You've got Type 2 diabetes, young man," Hanks quoted his physician as saying.
The "Captain Phillips" star assured Letterman the condition is controllable, but quipped, "Well, something's going to kill us all, Dave."
Original headline: Tom Hanks reveals he has Type 2 diabetes
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- US Consumer Confidence Hit a High in October
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers