Double Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks revealed on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York he has Type 2 diabetes.
Letterman asked Hanks on Monday's edition of the program why he looks slimmer than usual, ABC News reported Tuesday.
Hanks, 57, told Letterman he has been dealing with high blood sugar for about 20 years, but his health recently took a turn for the worse.
"Well, you've graduated. You've got Type 2 diabetes, young man," Hanks quoted his physician as saying.
The "Captain Phillips" star assured Letterman the condition is controllable, but quipped, "Well, something's going to kill us all, Dave."
Original headline: Tom Hanks reveals he has Type 2 diabetes
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?