Double Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks revealed on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York he has Type 2 diabetes.
Letterman asked Hanks on Monday's edition of the program why he looks slimmer than usual, ABC News reported Tuesday.
Hanks, 57, told Letterman he has been dealing with high blood sugar for about 20 years, but his health recently took a turn for the worse.
"Well, you've graduated. You've got Type 2 diabetes, young man," Hanks quoted his physician as saying.
The "Captain Phillips" star assured Letterman the condition is controllable, but quipped, "Well, something's going to kill us all, Dave."
Original headline: Tom Hanks reveals he has Type 2 diabetes
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers