Double Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks revealed on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York he has Type 2 diabetes.
Letterman asked Hanks on Monday's edition of the program why he looks slimmer than usual, ABC News reported Tuesday.
Hanks, 57, told Letterman he has been dealing with high blood sugar for about 20 years, but his health recently took a turn for the worse.
"Well, you've graduated. You've got Type 2 diabetes, young man," Hanks quoted his physician as saying.
The "Captain Phillips" star assured Letterman the condition is controllable, but quipped, "Well, something's going to kill us all, Dave."
Original headline: Tom Hanks reveals he has Type 2 diabetes
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide