Double Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks revealed on "Late Show with David Letterman" in New York he has Type 2 diabetes.
Letterman asked Hanks on Monday's edition of the program why he looks slimmer than usual, ABC News reported Tuesday.
Hanks, 57, told Letterman he has been dealing with high blood sugar for about 20 years, but his health recently took a turn for the worse.
"Well, you've graduated. You've got Type 2 diabetes, young man," Hanks quoted his physician as saying.
The "Captain Phillips" star assured Letterman the condition is controllable, but quipped, "Well, something's going to kill us all, Dave."
Original headline: Tom Hanks reveals he has Type 2 diabetes
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response