Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) today announced that it has entered
into a definitive agreement with Duke Energy Corporation and investment
funds managed by Alinda Capital Partners to buy DukeNet Communications,
LLC for $600 million in cash, including the repayment of debt.
DukeNet, based in Charlotte, N.C., is a regional fiber optic network
company serving customers in North Carolina and South Carolina, as well
as five other states in the Southeast.
With a fiber optic network of over 8,700 miles, DukeNet provides data and high-capacity bandwidth
services to wireless carrier, data center, government, and enterprise
Duke Energy owns 50 percent of DukeNet. The Alinda investment
funds own the remaining 50 percent.
Original headline: Time Warner Cable to Buy DukeNet Communications for $600M in Cash
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws