Patient having a 3D Mammography (Photo: Business Wire)
With new software now available, Rye Radiology is able to perform 3D mammography screening at a dose equivalent to a low dose digital 2D mammogram, eliminating the need for a separate 2D exposure. With this new innovation, the patient spends less time in compression and receives less x-ray dose while receiving all the benefits of 3D mammography.
“Lower-dose 3D mammography is a significant enhancement to 3D breast cancer detection technology which has been shown to improve detection of breast cancer and at the same time reduce false positives - an amazing double benefit,” said Dr.
“Even though 3D mammography was originally used in addition to 2D images and met
Dr. LoRusso explains, “3D gives us better definition of the internal architecture of the breast compared to traditional mammography. Radiologists can view the breast in high resolution 1mm images eliminating the overlap that occurs with traditional mammography.”
Rye Radiology is scheduling patients immediately for the new lower dose 3D mammography.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse