Instant camera and film maker Polaroid aims to cash in on the regional consumers electronics market by taking part in Gitex for the first time.
"Polaroid is still an iconic brand and we have expanded our portfolio across the full spectrum of products as the world is moving towards connected devices," said
He said Polaroid has entered the
The US-based company has named Emerio Technology, tecbuy and TPC as partners in the region.
He said Polaroid is in the industry for the past 75 years and people trust our brand and products.
"We live now in a connected world where smartphones, tablets, laptops and televisions have become essential tools in our daily lives and instant sharing will gain more traction in future," he said.
The products are made locally to cater to the local demand, taste and culture.
"What we aim to fit Polaroid is in between the high-end and the entry-level segments. We plan to focus on three key regions in initially —
When asked why a consumer should buy a Polaroid smartphone or a tablet which are not your expertise, Hardy said that Polaroid products will be tier 1 product at an affordable price. They will also be easy to use and that is the winning formula which we are applying around the world.
"You always have to know your brand heritage and the core DNA of Polaroid. We take that DNA and translate that into different category of products."
Today's younger generation consumers are natives to technology so "we have apps on Android and Apple stores to edit and share photos and we are working in the electronics application space as well. It is important that we cater to different segments of the crowd," Hardy said.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill