Linda Emond and Danny Burstein have joined the ensemble of the upcoming Broadway revival of "Cabaret," Roundabout Theatre Company announced Monday.
Todd Haimes, the company's artistic director, said the actress will play Fraulein Schneider, while the actor will play Herr Schultz.
Sam Mendes and Rob Marshall's revival of their Tony Award-winning production of Joe Masteroff, John Kander and Fred Ebb's musical will star Alan Cumming in a reprisal of his Tony Award-winning role as Emcee. Film star Michelle Williams will make her Broadway debut as Sally Bowles.
Director Mendes and co-director/choreographer will recreate their Tony-nominated direction and choreography from the 1998 Tony Award-winning production, the Roundabout said.
"Cabaret" will play a 24-week limited engagement, beginning previews March 21. It is to open officially April 24 at the Kit Kat Klub at Studio 54 on Broadway in Manhattan.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time