Linda Emond and Danny Burstein have joined the ensemble of the upcoming Broadway revival of "Cabaret," Roundabout Theatre Company announced Monday.
Todd Haimes, the company's artistic director, said the actress will play Fraulein Schneider, while the actor will play Herr Schultz.
Sam Mendes and Rob Marshall's revival of their Tony Award-winning production of Joe Masteroff, John Kander and Fred Ebb's musical will star Alan Cumming in a reprisal of his Tony Award-winning role as Emcee. Film star Michelle Williams will make her Broadway debut as Sally Bowles.
Director Mendes and co-director/choreographer will recreate their Tony-nominated direction and choreography from the 1998 Tony Award-winning production, the Roundabout said.
"Cabaret" will play a 24-week limited engagement, beginning previews March 21. It is to open officially April 24 at the Kit Kat Klub at Studio 54 on Broadway in Manhattan.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground