Oct. 07--In what is perhaps a first for the 13-year-old York Jewish Film Festival, all of this year's movies are in English. The annual event, hosted by the York Jewish Community Center, is known for offering thought-provoking films and speakers.
This year's offerings include "Arranged," Sunday, Oct. 20, a romantic comedy about arranged marriages; and "Hava Nagila (The Movie)," Sunday, Oct. 27, a dance-in-your-seat documentary about a song that has sustained a Jewish identity for 150 years even while crossing cultural divides.
The fun continues after "Hava" with an Israeli wine tasting event at the JCC. Micah Halpern, an expert on all things Israel, will speak at the wine event and kick off the JCC's Campaign for Israel.
All of the films start at 3 p.m. at Frank Theatres, and there is a $10 admission charge. Tickets are available at the JCC, 2000 Hollywood Drive, and may also be purchased in the theater lobby one hour prior to each festival film. Trailers for the movies can be viewed at www.yorkjcc.org.
(c)2013 The York Dispatch (York, Pa.)
Visit The York Dispatch (York, Pa.) at www.yorkdispatch.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM