Wide Adoption of LCD Displays in Television Creates Demand
The LCD is a transmissive technology. All LCDs require a reflected light source or backlighting. The LCD industry is characterized by rapid technological advances. Traditionally, applications for LCDs are notebook computer and desktop monitors. LCDs are expected to be used more across various applications, and this study focuses on the trends, challenges, and factors driving market growth. Also included are product, technology, and regional market analyses, along with a competitive analysis. This research service provides the necessary business intelligence to accelerate growth in a fast-paced market. The scope includes a market forecast for the geographic regions of
•Liquid Crystal Displays (LCDs) are transparent organic polymers that change optical properties with applied voltages. The LCD is a transmissive technology. All LCDs require a reflected light source or backlighting.
•The display works by allowing varying amounts of a fixed intensity white backlight through an active filter. The red, blue, and green elements of a pixel are achieved through simple filtering of the white light.
•The LCD industry is characterized by rapid technological advances. Traditionally, applications for LCDs are notebook computer and desktop monitors.
•However, newer products and applications are expected to fuel growth in the market. LCDs have acted as an enabler in many new-age applications such as LCD TV as well as in-car and in-flight entertainment devices.
•They have also enabled a more intuitive solution to many existing applications such as hand-held global positioning systems (GPS).
•The market is driven by the increased use of LCDs in larger screen television.
•The LCD market had revenue of $Xbillion in 2012. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of Xpercent in the forecast period of 2012–2019.
1. The LCD market has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years and most of this is attributed to the growth in nontraditional markets such as the upcoming LCD TV.
2. Price sensitivity is a key factor behind the innovation and growth of LCDs.
3. Smartphone segment is also a high potential growth segment for LCDs, but currently, the OLED screens, offer huge competition.
4. Currently, the LCD industry has been in a period of aggressive growth. LCD panels are acting as enablers in many new applications and consequently are benefiting from strong growth in such new market segments.
•The scope of the present study includes a market forecast for the geographic regions of
•The study includes revenue forecasts for the LCD market on the basis of application. The base year for this study is 2012, and revenue and revenue growth rates are given for 2009 through 2019.
•Annual market size and growth rates and revenue by key technologies used and geographic region are also provided.
•The study covers key market forces, such as market drivers and restraints, and evaluates their influence on market growth.
•The study also includes a detailed individual analysis of the applications market, competitive structure, and positioning of key participants in the industry.
•The study includes active matrix LCDs (AMLCDs) and passive matrix LCDs (PMLCDs).
•The applications segment includes Television, Notebook PC/Tablet, Monitor, Mobile and Others.
•PC include Desktop and Laptop monitors.
•The Others segment includes usage of LCD in signage, Medical, Automotive, Industrial, Cameras, Home Appliance and MP3 Players.
•All prices quoted in the study are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise noted.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse