UN disarmament inspectors have started dismantling Syria's chemical weapons arsenal, a UN official in Damascus said Sunday, dpa reported.
"The inspectors from the international Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons started Sunday their field work after a series of meetings with Syrian government officials," the official told dpa on condition of anonymity.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign