UN disarmament inspectors have started dismantling Syria's chemical weapons arsenal, a UN official in Damascus said Sunday, dpa reported.
"The inspectors from the international Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons started Sunday their field work after a series of meetings with Syrian government officials," the official told dpa on condition of anonymity.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza