UN disarmament inspectors have started dismantling Syria's chemical weapons arsenal, a UN official in Damascus said Sunday, dpa reported.
"The inspectors from the international Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons started Sunday their field work after a series of meetings with Syrian government officials," the official told dpa on condition of anonymity.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida