UN disarmament inspectors have started dismantling Syria's chemical weapons arsenal, a UN official in Damascus said Sunday, dpa reported.
"The inspectors from the international Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons started Sunday their field work after a series of meetings with Syrian government officials," the official told dpa on condition of anonymity.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists