NEW YORK -- Miley Cyrus cautioned viewers she wouldn't be twerking on "Saturday Night Live."
But she commanded the stage on this week's edition of the NBC sketch comedy show, serving as both host and musical guest.
And she did some shimmying as an over-sexed Congresswoman Michele Bachmann in a parody video about the government shutdown.
Cyrus seized attention and criticism in August for her sexually charged MTV Video Music Awards performance, which featured the singer in scanty garb while exhibiting suggestive twerking gyrations.
During Saturday's open, Cyrus made sport of the hubbub surrounding her racy display. She joked that she used to think twerking was cool, but changed her mind now that white people are doing it.
Besides participating in several sketches, she performed two songs.
Her album, "Bangerz," is out Tuesday.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records