Safaricom has become the first telco to start stocking the world's slimmest smartphone, the Huawei Ascend P6, at its shops countrywide.
The Android-based phone which is only 6.18 mm wide is a successor of the Ascend P1 and P2 models, and will target the growing number of customers who are now using smartphones to enhance their business and social communications.
"While a majority of Kenyans are still using feature phones, we have noted a consistent increase in the demand for smartphones. With a smartphone like the Huawei Ascend P6, we will help meet this demand and contribute significantly towards the digital inclusion agenda", said
"In addition to being the slimmest smartphone yet, the Huawei Ascend P6 also comes with other attractive features such as the Quad Core processor that makes it very fast, a 4.7 inch screen and an Emotional User Interface which adjusts the phone according to the time, weather and location, among other features".
Ms. Atika said Safaricom has remained consistent in availing affordable devices that contribute towards meeting the communication needs for the over 19 million customers on the network.
The Huawei P6 will retail at an introductory offer of Shs. 39,999 and a 1.5GB internet bundle for the first 400 handsets, before moving to the Recommended Retail Price of Shs. 41,999 after the initial offer.
"Our Smartphones are reasonable in price, yet offer the latest technology and high quality performance. We will continue providing
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits