Content delivery network EdgeCast Networks has launched its 'EdgeCast Route' globally distributed DNS (Domain Name System) service. EdgeCast claims the EdgeCast Route is the world's fastest DNS service. EdgeCast Route leverages EdgeCast's global IP Anycast network, with points of presence in most major metros worldwide.
The service has been tested extensively with customer applications using backbone, real-user (RUM), and mobile measurement agents from several third-party performance measurement services. These tests showed that EdgeCast Route provides performance improvements from 15 percent to more than 300 percent, depending on competitor and region, the company said.
The new service also incorporates security capabilities, with resilience against DDoS attacks, known exploits in traditional DNS software, and a variety of other exposures. Fully RFC-compliant, EdgeCast Route can function as either a managed (primary) or secondary DNS, with zone management features available via the EdgeCast portal or a set of public APIs.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data