The Lexus ES sedan line has a history of reshaping the entry-luxury segment, and the sixth-generation ES models introduced for 2013 raised the benchmark again, with increased interior room, a new hybrid, higher fuel efficiency in the V6 model and even more flagship-type amenities.
While the ES 300h hybrid has understandably taken the efficiency spotlight with its 40-mpg combined
New for 2014, the ES 350 gains LED fog lamps and adds the availability of bamboo interior trim, which was already offered in the ES 300h. In addition, customers who do not prefer leather can now get heated/ventilated seats in perforated NuLuxe trim. Genuine leather-trim is available, as is semi-aniline leather for a more refined look and feel.
Long a leader in user technology that's easy to use,
The ES 350 offers an unmistakable look in the class, thanks in large part to the brand's distinctive spindle grille design flanked by L-themed LED daytime running lights. The roof sweeps back for a coupe-like stance, and the taillights repeat the L motif. The shape cheats the wind with a low 0.27 coefficient of drag (Cd), which helps fuel efficiency while minimizing wind noise.
This generation ES 350 design also fools the eye, offering more interior space in a sleeker package. The 1.8-inch stretch in wheelbase over the previous generation yielded a 4.1-inch gain in rear seat legroom, which now stretches to 40 inches (on par with larger sedans) and a 2.8-inch increase in knee room. Even with the sleeker roofline, this generation ES 350 offers nearly an inch more rear seat headroom than the previous generation. Rear passengers also get more foot spacebelow the front seats.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response