WURFL API 1.5 is available as part of the WURFL OnSite product suite and it offers support for the Java, PHP and ASP.NET platforms, in addition to the popular DB API, geared at enterprises that prefer to maintain their data in an RDBMS.
ScientiaMobile is also releasing version 1.5 of its WURFL InFuze Product Suite, which includes its C/C++ API and modules for Apache, NGINX and the Varnish Cache content proxy. This API is designed for customers who need WURFL device detection integrated at the network level or with exceptional performance requirements.
The new API introduces two important enhancements to the WURFL framework:
• Capability filtering enables users to select the device properties that matter to their applications through API configuration. This will yield significant savings in terms of memory footprint.
• Virtual Capabilities are a new set of predefined functions that behave very similarly to regular capabilities, but can provide more value thanks to the analysis of other HTTP headers. Built-in virtual capabilities include: is_smartphone, is_robot, is_app and fine grained information about OS, browser and the respective versions for desktop web browsers.
In addition to these new features, more logic has been added to improve detection of new classes of HTTP clients.
“The WURFL API is the de-facto standard way to access a Device Description Repository (DDR) for small and large companies alike.” – said
“Virtual Capabilities deliver detailed information about Operating System, browser and the respective versions in the case of desktop web browsers and other devices” - said
"We have used the WURFL API for years. Version 1.5 of the WURFL API adds better detection of the latest mobile browsers, as well as better detection of crawlers, spiders, bots and the like. This is powerful and we love that." - said
"Keeping on top of the evolution of the device and browser market is not a simple task. The WURFL API has always consistently delivered what it promised. API 1.5 is not an exception. We are very pleased with it." - said
The WURFL API can be downloaded for evaluation from the ScientiaMobile website.
WURFL, the Wireless Universal Resource FiLe, is a popular framework to solve the so-called “Device Fragmentation” problem for mobile web developers and other stakeholders in the mobile ecosystem. WURFL has been and still is the de-facto standard Device Description Repository (DDR) adopted by mobile developers.
WURFL is the Registered Trademark of
ScientiaMobile products offer solutions to device fragmentation problems and device detection challenges.
For ScientiaMobile product offerings, licensing, support and details on upcoming products, you can visit, http://www.scientiamobile.com/ for more information.
The company is headquartered in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/wurfl_api_15/for_mobile_detection/prweb11196072.htm
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says