The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A 3D interposer (and method of making same) that includes a crystalline substrate handler having opposing first and second surfaces, with a cavity formed into the first surface. A layer of insulation material is formed on the surface of the handler that defines the cavity. The cavity is filled with a compliant dielectric material. A plurality of electrical interconnects is formed through the interposer. Each electrical interconnect includes a first hole formed through the crystalline substrate handler extending from the second surface to the cavity, a second hole formed through the compliant dielectric material so as to extend from and be aligned with the first hole, a layer of insulation material formed along a sidewall of the first hole, and conductive material extending through the first and second holes."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- Budget Bargain Elusive as Time Runs Out