If using a GPS-enabled device can prevent you from getting lost, just think what it can do for your marketing message.
Location-based marketing is the integration of mobile marketing together with positioning technology to provide location specific advertising to subscribers on their mobile devices. Mobile marketing messages are specifically adapted and personalised to the place where the user is.
Companies as well as marketers are using location-based marketing to reach out to their customers to send them more targeted contents, give them a reason to come into a store and purchase, increase average order value with personalised offers as well as increase brand affinity and loyalty by just rewarding customers for being in their stores.
Marketers are using a variety of tools in order to customise messaging that is based on prospects location and preference.
These are tools such as GPS and geo-fencing to target specific areas and locate potential prospects to send them messaging. How geofencing works is when a customer enters or exits a specific geofence they are able to receive targeted messages to their mobile devices. This creates a pre-defined, virtual space around a particular location.
These are mobile apps such as Foursquare that provides information or entertainment news to a user that is based on their location.
Near-field communication or Bluetooth marketing
This is a technology that allows two devices that are in close proximity to exchange information.
1. Don't get the location wrong - make sure the offer you present is in the specific targeted area.
2. Ensure the rendering of the message is applicable to the handset.
3. Make sure the marketing that you are pushing is relevant.
Here are two examples how companies have successfully used location-based.
Another great example is where Bulmers partnered with O2 to use location-based services to encourage customers to try Bulmers in their nearest pub. They created geofences with a radius of 800m around over 1,000 pubs in the
Whether developing mobile apps or creating text message-based marketing campaigns, businesses should be "tailoring their specific offers to combine consumer's interests and location in order to drive traffic to their stores," says
About Strike Media
Strike Media aims to offer a complete mobile marketing solution, with campaigns that are personal, direct, and instant. The company has provided mobile services since 1998 and its experience of the market combines with custom technology and strategic marketing and business knowledge with the mission to provide a real return on investment for its clients. Strike Media maintains strict anti-spam policies and is a founder member of WASPA, the
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors