Oct. 04--German filmmakers Lucia Scharbatke and Christoph Shuler have remained in the state since the South Dakota Film Festival to work on a short film in the Pierre area.
Scharbatke, 30, the producer of "Gefallen," which was named best foreign film at the festival, returned to Aberdeen from Pierre Thursday. She plans to fly home Saturday.
Meanwhile, shooting on the short film, which she described as a funny love story, is set to run Sunday through Tuesday. Scharbatke, though, has to return to Germany, where she teaches at the University of Television and Film Munich.
Scharbatke said she plans on attending Saturday's Gypsy Day Parade before flying out of Aberdeen in the afternoon.
She and Shuler met South Dakota filmmakers Andrew Kightlinger and Luke Schuetzle at past film festivals
She said that, when she and Shuler decided to come to Aberdeen, they also made plans to work on a film with Kightlinger and Schuetzle.
Scharbatke and Shuler wrote both "Gefallen" and the short film being shot beginning Sunday.
(c)2013 the American News (Aberdeen, S.D.)
Visit the American News (Aberdeen, S.D.) at www.aberdeennews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March