"With the recent surge in investor interest in biotech stocks, we have worked hard to line up a premier group of leading investors, industry analysts, and company executives for our plenary sessions this year," said
Plenary Sessions include:
Opening Plenary Session: IPO Frenzy - Are the GoGo Markets Here to Stay?
With 35 (and counting) life sciences companies having already placed IPOs on the market in the first 10 months of this year and others lining up for
Lunch Plenary Session: Facing Reality - Debating the Conclusions of BioCentury's 21st Annual Back to School Commentary
In its 21st Annual Back to School essay, BioCentury argues the biopharma industry has not faced up to the reality of austerity in the healthcare marketplace. The drug industry's pricing power is in retreat. And governments, commercial insurers and patients are pushing back on the industry's notions of innovation. In the real world, companies will have to engage with payers and patients to develop a new consensus on value for money. Small biotechs focused on scientific and technical innovation will not be exempt.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects