The CBS News Poll, taken since the government shut down on Tuesday, found that 44 percent of Americans blamed Republicans as compared to 35 percent who blamed President Barack Obama and the Democrats.
Nearly 17 percent of those surveyed blamed both the parties for the standoff, Politico reports.
The poll numbers are nearly identical to a poll taken before the shutdown about who would get the blame, with the only difference being 16 percent said they would blame both parties.
Overall, 72 percent said they disapproved of shutting down government over the president's health care law, as compared to 25 percent who approved.
Even among those who said they disapprove of Obamacare, 59 percent still disapproved of the shutdown.
The poll showed Americans wanted a compromise from both parties.
Nearly 76 percent said the president and Democrats should compromise, with 21 percent saying they should stick to their positions.
Similarly, 78 percent said Republicans should compromise, with 18 percent saying they should stick to their positions. (ANI)
Original Title: Americans blame Republicans more than Democrats for the US shutdown, according to a new poll.
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status