Innovative design requires many different tools - some traditional and others more modern.
The newest addition to the ADX shop, The Bridge is a place where minds meet to design, prototype, and produce together with all of the necessary tools readily accessible. The space will host four industry grade computers running the latest 2D, 3D, and Cloud-based design software for Digital Prototyping, as well as two Makerbot 3D printers to allow for early prototype visualization. Also making their debut at The Bridge opening are four Leap Motion controllers. These controllers are attached to each computer and will allow users to design in 3D with nothing but hand gestures.
"The Bridge will be home to some of the most accessible software, 3D printing and laser cutting services in
"The Bridge is a place where the tech world can start interacting more intentionally with the world of fabrication and manufacturing,' says ADX Director,
The opening of The Bridge will take place during Design Week Portland on
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets