A FILM festival celebrating the work of a collection of young actors is to be held at Phoenix Square, Leicester, next month.
The Urban Young Actors, a drama group whose members are aged between eight and 21, created five short films, ranging from thriller and comedy to mockumentary, during the summer. Their project was supported by professional filmmakers Fourmost Films and Wreak Valley Academy.
The results will be screened on Friday, November 29, and Saturday, November 30.
Melissa Smith, drama group leader, said: These two evenings mark the introduction of Leicester's first dedicated Urban Film Festival for young people. Urban Young Actors inspires people to discover and embrace the talents they possess and be the best they can. The group, set up in 2008, runs drama workshops including of improvisation, script work and play-writing. Tickets, at Pounds 10 , are available by calling on 07921 861 540 or visiting: www.urbanyoungactors.com
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Senate Nears Approval of Defense Bill