Oct. 31--September and October unemployment data for Texas, including for El Paso, won't be released until Nov. 22, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Wednesday.
The federal government shutdown stopped the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' data collection, analysis, and dissemination from Oct. 1-Oct. 16. This also affected state data collection, since the Workforce Commission produces state economic data in cooperation with the federal bureau, the Texas agency reported. The federal shutdown also caused a delay in the release of national economic data.
In addition to the report on monthly jobs and the unemployment rate, various monthly economic publications published by the TWC, including the "Texas Labor Market Review," and "Local Economic Profiles" will be available for October. The agency won't publish the monthly economic publications for September. However, September data will be accessible from the agency.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: El Paso and statewide jobless data coming out late due to federal shutdown
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter