Hispanic media company impreMedia has named Hernando Ruiz-Jemenez as general manager and Juan Varela as content director.
As executive vice president and general manager, east, Mr. Ruiz-Jimenez is responsible for the National Sales, Marketing and Advertising Solutions departments and oversees the development of El Diario La Prensa in New York, La Raza in Chicago and La Prensa in Orlando.
Mr. Ruiz-Jimenez previously was executive vice president of Wireless Idea, a mobile services company he co-founded. Prior to that, he held senior marketing and sales positions with PepsiCo and Diageo North America, where he led multicultural, national and international marketing efforts.
As content editor, Mr. Varela will play a central role in impreMedia's ongoing transformation from the largest Spanish-language newspaper holding company in the country to a leading provider of multiplatform content, news and marketing solutions for the U.S. Hispanic market, according to a news release.
Mr. Varela will be responsible for content creation for impreMedia's newspapers, magazines, custom publishing and digital properties. He arrives with more than 20 years of editorial experience across the U.S. and Spanish-speaking Americas.
impreMedia also put Damian Mazzotta into the general manager position in the west, where he oversees the development of La Opinion in Los Angeles, El Mensajero in San Francisco and Rumo in Houston.
impreMedia has media interests across multiple platforms, including social media, newspapers and magazines. For more information click HERE.
Marketing Weekly News contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Recommendations