A BUDDING film-maker from Truro who makes his own small-scale movies has been presented with a national award.
Rory Davies, 15, who suffers with Down's syndrome, won The Cloud 9 Film competition hosted by the National Association of Specialist Colleges (Natspec).
His film, Merlin, tells the story of King Arthur using cardboard props made by Rory. He said his inspiration stemmed from watching animated films and in particular documentaries on how they are made.
Filmed with his Olympus SP800 UZ camera, Merlin took the home- schooled teen about a week to bring to life.
He said: It's something I really enjoy doing.
The budding film-maker hopes to go on to create more films.
In 2009 Rory won the camera he now uses to make his movies with after success in a photography competition for those who live with Down's syndrome.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign