The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Under UV light (10.4 mW/cm(2)) irradiation, Au-nanorod-CdS-nanorod exhibits the best photocatalytic activity for the oxidation of salicylic acid (86%, k = 9 x 10(-3) min(-1)) and reduction of p-nitrophenol to p-aminophenol (53%) as a function of improved stability and better current-voltage (I-V) characteristics suitable for rapid charge transfer process during photoreaction."
For more information on this research see: Highly enhanced photocatalytic activity of Au nanorod-CdS nanorod heterocomposites.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?