These statistics were provided by
“We have had nearly 4,000 sessions and over 1,200 hours spent on [the AWE computers] in one year. I have had testimony from parents about how these computers have helped their children with school and improve grades,” said Stephenson.
She goes on to give a specific example of the impact AWE’s solutions have had on one particular child: “I had one mother who started bringing her child to the library to do homework at the beginning of last school year. He was in first grade, he hated school, and he hated doing homework, but he noticed the new AWE computers and wanted to ‘play’ with them. The mother began using the computers as a bargaining chip to get him to finish his homework without any fighting and reluctance. After the first semester, she happily reported to me that he was now on the honor roll, and she didn’t have to fight with him to get homework done. The library is now his favorite place to go, and he likes to come even when he doesn’t have homework to do. So, overall, we have been very pleased with the results and our patrons love the computers.”
AWE's mission is to inspire every child to become a lifelong learner. AWE’s engaging digital learning solutions are found in public libraries, schools, child care centers, and other institutions. They provide self-directed learning environments, feature content spanning all curricular areas, and can be personalized for every learner.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/GreenwoodLefloreLibrary/EarlyLiteracyStation/prweb11281963.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead