Tests done on maize 1507 found that it could have an impact on "pollinators like butterflies or moths,"
Maize 1507 is both insect resistant and herbicide tolerant, the environmental group said.
Approving the sale of the genetically modified seeds would be "a bad decision that puts biotechnology firms above citizens," Greenpeace Europe agricultural policy director
Maize 1507 seeds are altered to produce the Bt(2) toxin during germination so crops can resist potent herbicides, the environmental group said.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs