Elemental Technologies this week supported the world's first real-time 4K Ultra HD high-efficiency video coding (H.265 / HEVC) transmission when it streamed the Osaka Marathon.
Elemental will now showcase a real-time 4K HEVC demonstration in the
"4K and Ultra High Definition will be very important, especially for live sports in the coming years, and HEVC compression will be critical to making 4K cost effective, reach multiscreen devices and not use too much distribution bandwidth," said Tom Morrod, research director for consumer electronics and video technology at IHS. "With the upcoming
A subsidiary of
Elemental could hardly have picked more challenging conditions for the trial, with two typhoons heading towards Osake in the hours before the race, but to huge relief all round, the event passed off smoothly.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response