The embattled electronics maker's consolidated net loss for the first half of fiscal 2013 narrowed to
"We have achieved earnings results exceeding our initial projection. But there is no change in the fact that we are still in a severe business environment and financial situation," Sharp President
"We will accelerate efforts to carry out structural reform without delay to return to the black on a net profit basis in fiscal 2013," he said.
Sharp incurred net losses totaling
Sales of LCD panels rose 30 percent to
With sales of flat-screen TVs and business solution services also increasing, the company saw all of its business segments return to profitability.
The company said its capital adequacy ratio improved from 6.0 percent at the end of March to 6.4 percent at the end of September.
It estimates the figure to further improve to around 12 percent after taking into account
The supplier of LCD panels for
It expects to post a group net profit of
The company's interest-bearing debt totaled
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim