Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "It was found that CO conversion increased with temperature rise at first, reached maximum value at sulfidation temperature of 450 C and then decreased sharply with further increase of temperature. The catalyst derived from ATM could get higher CO conversion than the catalyst from AHM because of the structural similarity between ATM and MoS2. XRD analysis demonstrated that amorphous MoS2 was favorable for the methanation reaction and a crystal transition of MoS2 nanoparticle happened during the methanation reaction. The higher the sulfidation temperature was, the more easily regular crystal structure of MoS2 formed. TEM characterization results showed that at the optimum sulfidation temperature of 450 degrees C, the length and stacking degree of MoS2 crystallite were the highest and so more active sites could reside on the edges of MoS2 slabs for CO methanation. The crystal growth of MoS2 particle and its structure change are probably the reasons for the deactivation of the MoS2 catalysts with the increase of sulfidation temperature."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "In addition, it is the loss of surface sulfur that caused deactivation of the catalyst with reaction time."
For more information on this research see: Effect of sulfidation temperature on the catalytic behavior of unsupported MoS2 catalysts for synthetic natural gas production from syngas.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers