Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) Update Understanding of Ceramics -->
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "These in situ zircon single crystals give white color and increase opacification (L=94 vs L=90), mechanical properties (hardness and toughness) and wear resistance by a factor of 4 compared to the commercial crystalline glaze containing a similar fraction of micrometer commercial zircon."
For more information on this research see: High wear resistance white ceramic glaze containing needle like zircon single crystals by the addition of sepiolite n-ZrO2.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting R. Pina-Zapardiel, CSIC, Inst Ciencia Mat Madrid, E-28049
Keywords for this news article include: Spain,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts