Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Lifetime estimates of the keeper electrode surface due to sputter erosion by ion bombardment reveal that high-discharge current operation at low cathode gas flow produced very energetic ions and limited keeper lifetimes to less than 5000 h. Applying sufficient internal cathode gas flow and external gas injection can extend the keeper life to over 10,000 h at discharge currents of up to 200 A."
For more information on this research see: Reduction of Energetic Ion Production in Hollow Cathodes by External Gas Injection.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response