Another key feature in Origin 9.1 is a redesigned graph axis dialog. The new tree-based dialog design provides a number of additional advanced options for graph customization, including multiple axis breaks with customizable break gaps and break indicators, user-defined axes scales, and tick label tables, which are particularly useful for grouped data plots. The latest version also introduces auto-positioning of labels in graphs, with the ability to add leader lines and to place labels arbitrarily such as attaching to data plot, to axes, or at fixed positions within the graph layer. New data analysis features include Akima Spline interpolation, Lowess and Loess smoothing, and several improvements to existing analysis tools.
OriginPro contains all of the Origin 9.1 features, as well as new tools for Partial Least Square Regression, additional Power & Sample Size tests, an Orthogonal Distance Regression algorithm for Nonlinear Curve Fitting, a tool to fit and rank multiple fitting models, and a gadget to perform 2D integration over a region of interest.
"Although this is a minor version release, we have added a number of new features and improvements based on feedback we received from customers throughout the past year," said Dr.
Keywords for this news article include: Software, OriginLab.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Boehner Hires Immigration Reform Expert
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Sprint Not Moving Headquarters to California
- Dennis Kozlowski, ex-Tyco CEO, to Be Paroled
- Healthcare.gov Update Gets Mixed Reviews
- Mexico Economy Secretary to Attend WTO Meeting
- Appeals Court Sides With Employers on Arbitration
- Miley Cyrus to Rihanna Lyrics: Top Yahoo Searches for 2013