Luso TV's station manager, Franklin Phanga disclosed to
He said the station wants to be completely satisfied with its signal reception before moving to the other regions in the country and beyond.
According to Phanga, Luso is not broadcasting from satellite at the moment, stressing that the option is still on the table.
"We currently have planted out transmitter and antennas at the Area
He further explained that Luso Tv believes that they have done what it takes to meet international standards in as far as broadcasting is concerned, however, they value partnerships in this technologically advancing sector.
"We entrench operational flexibility which will eventually enable us to develop strategic partnerships with internationally reputable broadcasters for purposes of technical skills sharing. Discussions with a significant number of partners are at an advanced stage," Phanga said.
He said Luso Television is a local entity and thus built on promotion of local arts, talent and cultures hence such issues as local soaps and shows are on their mainstream agenda.
"Local programs from independent visual studios are most welcome. We will work with anybody or any firm that is sharing our vision as a broadcaster. The door is open and we can see this dream being realized together," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women