DDoS attacks are focused on the disruption of web-based assets such as company home pages, e-commerce sites and web-based cloud services. These attacks work by overloading the bandwidth of a web site or cloud application, rendering its service inoperable and preventing legitimate clients from being able to connect to it. This can result in revenue loss for an organization, as customers and clients are unable to complete transactions online.
DDoS attacks can also be used as a distraction, allowing attackers to breach other systems in the enterprise while IT staffs are forced to make difficult risk-based decisions, possibly without visibility to the full scope of what is occurring.
Based on daily monitoring of security for more than 4,000 clients,
As part of the cloud solution,IBM will integrate
"Our clients tell us there is a need to strengthen cloud security," said
The companies will also share security intelligence insights gained by applying business analytics to extensive security monitoring data to better detect threats, identify security risks and areas of noncompliance and set priorities for remediation.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter