RECENTLY refurbished, the Regal in Redruth now has five dedicated cinema screens as well as in Screen One, the largest cinema screen in Cornwall, an auditorium which also doubles as a live theatre. When not showing films the venue has for many years been home to local theatrical groups RAMPS and RAOST, welcoming back RAOST with their production of Annie until Saturday night, while on November 17 the Regal is set to rock to the sounds of Re-Take That and on November 30 the Big Dance Company Cornwall - which has featured many times on TV on shows such as Britain's Got Talent - take the stage for an explosive dance showcase.
The Christmas season starts early in the theatre with the Rat Pack Live Christmas Party on December 7, comedy legend Jethro's Christmas Show on December 14 and An Old Fashioned Christmas from Don't Stop Believing on Sunday, December 15, leading up to a first for Redruth, a professional pantomime.
Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs runs from December 20 to January 4. Dream Boys and Burlesque are just two of the shows booked for early 2014.
However, the range of entertainment does not stop there, newly installed satellite equipment now allows for the exhibition of Event Cinema with performances of opera, ballet, concerts and theatre shows all beamed in live from venues such as the Royal Opera House and the National Theatre, which has just announced that War Horse will be shown live in February next year.
With a large car park almost adjacent, with free parking in the evenings, and the Regal Bar and Restaurant adjoining the cinema and theatre, it's possible to make a complete one stop evening out. To book or find out what's on call 01209 216278 or see www.merlincinemas.co.uk
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Lawful Immigrants Defend Driver's Licenses
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas