And anyone who buys a Windows 8 PC or Windows 8 tablet from
Windows 8.1 promises a far more personalised way of doing anything, whether it's on a desktop, laptop or tablet PC, or mobile phone. Its start screen boasts more colours and available backgrounds than ever.
Anyone who puts the emphasis on staying organised while browsing will love this update of the Windows 8 operating system, as it makes it easier to view, organise and filter all the apps they rely on day in, day out.
It's also easier than before to organise apps according to how often they're used, when they were last fired up, and where users want them to appear on their screen.
Searching for the most appropriate content has also been made easier, with the new interface with
For the first time,
Windows 8.1 is also designed for multi-tasking, with its interface with Internet Explorer 11 allowing as many tabs to be open at one time as the user wishes. It's also a doddle to synchronise devices to a computer running Windows 8.1 - it will even automatically transfer settings and apps saved on other devices.
"Windows 8.1 tablets and PCs are designed to make the things anyone does on any kind of computer, and the information and resources they need, easier than ever to access and to start up," said
Laptops and PCs capable of running on Windows 8.1 from
Keywords for this news article include: Software,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses