ENP Newswire -
Release date- 29102013 - For more than two decades companies have been managing and maintaining their business software on traditional client server platforms.
This requires the purchase of the proper server hardware and software along with backup and recovery systems, virus protection programs and disaster recovery plans. In addition you need experienced IT personnel to manage and maintain these systems because they have been highly customized over the years. All of this is costly and with today's difficult economic environment small to mid-size businesses are struggling to maintain their infrastructure.
Many of these businesses are looking at cloud computing options to address this challenge but are discovering that migrating these highly customized applications to the cloud is more difficult and costly than they expected. This is because most of the cloud based solutions are generic in nature and have to be customized to meet each customer's unique business requirements.
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org]
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects