Oct. 30--LODI -- The Lodi Public Library will host a free horror movie film festival to celebrate Halloween on Thursday.
Headlined by the film "The Thing" at 6:40 p.m., the library will also show a total of three films.
Library Director Dean Gualco said the library is not allowed under it's movie permit to promote movies it shows that are not based on books.
The library's Facebook page, however, does link to IMDB accounts for both films that will be shown prior to "The Thing."
The first film that will be shown at 3 p.m. is "Ghostbusters," which is rated PG. The next film, "Poltergeist" will be shown at 4:45 p.m., also rated PG.
"The Thing" is rated R. Children under the age of 17 will not be admitted.
Snacks and water will be provided at the film festival, with short breaks between each film.
The Lodi Library is located at 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
(c)2013 The Record (Stockton, Calif.)
Visit The Record (Stockton, Calif.) at www.recordnet.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures