Oct. 30--Krampus? What's a Krampus?
Find out when Erie-area filmmaker Jason Hull screens his film, "Krampus: The Christmas Devil" on Saturday, 8 p.m., at the Erie Playhouse, 13 W. 10th St.
"It's kind of a cool concept," he said. "I was a little surprised that nobody's done it before (as a movie)."
In August, "Krampus" placed second for best horror film at the Indie Gathering in Hudson, Ohio, and the AOF Action on Film Festival in Monrovia, Calif.
"This one is different from all my other films," Hull said. "It just has a bigger budget; we brought in Hollywood actors for this. The camera looks different, the writing is better. It's just experience."
Discover more about "Krampus" in Thursday's Showcase and on GoErie.com/Showcase.
(c)2013 the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.)
Visit the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.) at www.GoErie.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment