Oct. 30--Krampus? What's a Krampus?
Find out when Erie-area filmmaker Jason Hull screens his film, "Krampus: The Christmas Devil" on Saturday, 8 p.m., at the Erie Playhouse, 13 W. 10th St.
"It's kind of a cool concept," he said. "I was a little surprised that nobody's done it before (as a movie)."
In August, "Krampus" placed second for best horror film at the Indie Gathering in Hudson, Ohio, and the AOF Action on Film Festival in Monrovia, Calif.
"This one is different from all my other films," Hull said. "It just has a bigger budget; we brought in Hollywood actors for this. The camera looks different, the writing is better. It's just experience."
Discover more about "Krampus" in Thursday's Showcase and on GoErie.com/Showcase.
(c)2013 the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.)
Visit the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.) at www.GoErie.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?