Oct. 30--Krampus? What's a Krampus?
Find out when Erie-area filmmaker Jason Hull screens his film, "Krampus: The Christmas Devil" on Saturday, 8 p.m., at the Erie Playhouse, 13 W. 10th St.
"It's kind of a cool concept," he said. "I was a little surprised that nobody's done it before (as a movie)."
In August, "Krampus" placed second for best horror film at the Indie Gathering in Hudson, Ohio, and the AOF Action on Film Festival in Monrovia, Calif.
"This one is different from all my other films," Hull said. "It just has a bigger budget; we brought in Hollywood actors for this. The camera looks different, the writing is better. It's just experience."
Discover more about "Krampus" in Thursday's Showcase and on GoErie.com/Showcase.
(c)2013 the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.)
Visit the Erie Times-News (Erie, Pa.) at www.GoErie.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages