Bronchial Thermoplasty (BT) is a bronchoscopic procedure typically performed under moderate sedation on an outpatient basis. Delivered by the Alair System, BT uses mild heat to reduce the excessive smooth muscle tissue in the airways. This reduces airway constriction during an asthma attack, making attacks less frequent and less severe.
"We are delighted to see that the Boston Scientific Alair(®) Bronchial Thermoplasty System has been officially certified by the
BT delivered by the Alair System has been proven in clinical trials to be safe and effective. Data from the
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.