The event, called Africa Connect 2013, was held in Dar es Salaam Tanzania, from
Speaking at opening of Africa Connect 2013 on the panel discussion on the theme, Driving Capacity Distribution to Landlocked Countries; Commercial Strategies, Technological Solutions and Government Intervention, the Managing Director,
During his presentation he mentioned that, "What is the point of spending hundreds of millions in the same area to drive a penetration of 15% in data where there is untapped 85% within the same country that is largely un-served; it is not economically viable' .
He further advised that, "There is the need for operators to start revising their notion of competitive advantage and start moving more into sharing model.'
He expressed however that, "when you go cross-country this is a bit different. Vodafone Wholesale as an incumbent took it up to promote this interconnectivity by connecting to
He encouraged other operators to complete the different stretches of this cross border infrastructure to give resilience in a form of rings to the existing network.
The conference brought together top telecom wholesalers in
Amongst other things, the participants discussed ways to develop enhanced and more efficient Commercial Strategies and partnerships across the continent.
The conference, which was organised by TelCap (Capacity Media,
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low