THE government is planning major re-organisation of the
Already an independent agency has been assigned to recruit TTCL's Chief Technical Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, according to Prof Mbarawa. Recruitment of the two senior officers is one of the measures lined up to shape the future of the public telecommunications company.
"The government is doing everything possible to make TTCL tick. Without effective top management you cannot get anywhere. The most important thing is top management," the minister noted. He was speaking to TTCL staff at Mara Regional TTCL offices in the municipality of Musoma at the weekend.
"The vacancies for Chief Technical Officer and Chief Marketing Officer will be filled. There are two officers acting in the posts but an independent agency has been assigned to select the right candidates to fill the slots. "We will move well if we get the right top management," Prof Mbarawa pointed out.
He welcomed any Tanzanian feeling that he or she has qualifications to apply for the TTCL top positions. The minister further said that the government is still intending to buy Airtel shares after following the laid down procedures.
"The other major aim of the government is to buy Airtel shares and we believe we will make it," Prof Mbarawa said with a lot of optimism. Reached for comment, the Deputy Minister for Communication, Science and Technology, Mr
"Negotiations are ongoing and we are hopeful of striking a deal in the near future,"
He cited post codes as TPC's important asset and called for efficiency. "We must get ready to change and as government we will continue to help TPC," Prof Mbarawa emphasised. The minister was on a working tour of the
Before visiting the
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.